Thursday, December 10, 2009

What can I do to make myself feel more fulfilled?

I'm 36 and happily married with two children. I have a Masters in Chemistry but I have not worked in the last eleven years since becoming pregnant with my first child. My husband is wonderful and takes care of us extremely well with a low six figure salary which gives us the ability to have a great house, cars, a boat, a thriving 401(k) and plenty to invest and save. I spend over 20 hours a week volunteering in the school system and am 100% responsible for all the housecleaning, laundry, dishes, cooking and shopping. I also provide both my children with all the necessary homework help and transportation to and from after-school activities. So, I am a relatively busy person and have little time to spare so I can read and listen to opera. I wonder why it is that a person that has so much can have this overpowering feeling of not being fulfilled..am I just whining too much? (Incidently, this is a serious question and I will ignore stupid answers)



What can I do to make myself feel more fulfilled?movie theater



It sounds like you feel like you are missing out on something. It's probably the be careful what you wish for, you may just get it syndrome. I'm speculating that we all get the same feelings from time to time. If its a constant yearning then you probably need to do some talking with your husband, a friend and also someone with some expertise in counseling to get a perspective on what you are looking for.



You have many things that we all wish for but maybe you have to get a perspective on how successful you really are in the areas that are really important to you.



What can I do to make myself feel more fulfilled?tickets opera theater



maybe you don't seam fulfilled because your too buisy doing day to day activities instead of doing things just for fun! I think when people are as blessed as you sometimes they forget to go back to the basics of life!
are you kidding? seriously. i'll trade you if you're not happy with your life.
In my experience day-to-day activities can become really monotonous. It gets tiring to do the same kinds of activities everyday like cleaning, cooking, laundry, taking the kids to school, etc., and it's very easy to feel that these kinds of tasks are uneventful and unfulfilling. Being a mom is probably the hardest job there is in this world. My mother was a stay-at-home mom, %26amp; that is a 24/7 job that never goes away, so I think it's completely natural to feel the way you do. I would say, if there is any way you can re-arrange your time by scheduling things differently so you have more free time to yourself that would probably help a great deal. Perhaps your kids could take the bus to school, then that would leave you more time for household tasks so that later in the day you have some additional time for yourself to do something BESIDES your 'normal' routine. Or, cut down on the hours you volunteer for the school system %26amp; try to do something during that time that gives you pleasure %26amp; makes you happy - it could be anything you like doing, anything that adds something new.
you need to do something for you,you do for everyone but you.ask yourself what is missing in my life. do you have a good friend?
This is a serious and not stupid answer.



Let Jesus into your heart and life.
It sounds like you don't have a church community. There is real joy amongst women members of church communities. It's hard to explain to non-religious people, but there's just an endless amount of fun working with others to help people. Our church even has a music school and a busy website, and we travel to other countries to build schools for poor people. It's an endless adventure.
that's a serious answer



make sure you know and tell me

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security