Thursday, December 10, 2009

I want to be an actress!!! ACTORS READ THIS!!?

I was just watching Ballet shoes (which i think is rather good) and I've decided i want to be an actress.



Its not something which I've just thought about, since i was knee high I loved acting and always dreamed of being in wonderful films but I never thought i was good enough and seeing this i was thinking back and i love acting and i do think im good!



Problem is living in London its rather tough to make it big, thing is i dont care if i make it big or not (though that would be great), i just want to act! Whether its in a theatre or on the big screen.



Does anybody know of any GOOD agencies in London that could help me?



Do you think that maybe i should go to acting school next year (Im thinking Sylvia Young, its really good i went to it when i was young for a bit) then try for some auditions for shows, then try and get a job in a Theatre and see what happens from there?



I need some advice!!



I want to be an actress!!! ACTORS READ THIS!!?theatre



Sylvia Young is a great school, i know many that went there.



I also live in london and i want to act. Im finding it difficult but every so often i go on the web to see if there are any open auditions for movies/adverts etc.



Just have a look around to see whats on offer, and dont get to down if you dont get a part. belive in yourself!



:)



I only know of one agency as I have writtin to it myself. I hope it helps you out



Abacus Agency



The Studio



4 Bailey Road



Westcott



Dorking



Surrey



RH4 3QS



If you dont want to write, e-mail Linda Davies at :



admin@abacusagency.co.uk



I want to be an actress!!! ACTORS READ THIS!!?opera music opera theater



If you think it's tough trying to make it big living in London, try living in Cornwall, or ...(thinks)... Derbyshire.



There is a directory of agencies, called 'Contacts'. It lists all the agencies by type, and gives their location (most are in London!).



If I were you, I'd learn to sing and to dance as well - to widen your choices when you start auditioning. You can find dance lessons on www.danceweb.co.uk. You might also find out where your nearest Youth Theatre is (nearby theatres will know).
Yes I do think you should go to Sylvia Young. I don't have any experience of it, but there are quite a number of ex students who have made their name. It seems to be a good place to get training. I doubt very much that you can join a reputable agency without having training and /or experience. If you think it is tough living in London, then try making it when you live in a small town in the country far away from drama schools! If you get the opportunity to get into Sylvia Youngs, then grasp it. Good luck.
Another Young Talent... London's Actually not a Hard Place To Make It. They Actually Have More Than 5 Channels (Yes... Australia Is In A Channel Drought) If You'd Like To Act Theres Two Things You Need To Do. Grab Yourself An agent And enroll In A School. Good Luck. I've Heard Goodfeedback about sylvia young. and i think every agency in london is similar because they'res not so many aspiring talents up there. anywayy good luck again, happy new years.
I don't know of any acting agencies in London, but I can give you some tips.



You should take some acting classes or workshops, and maybe get someone to coach you on different things. Go to auditions. Make sure you are completely prepared and that you have read through the audition requirements. Many places require you to prepare a monologue or sing something. Even if they don't require a monologue it isn't a bad idea to look through a monologue and just read through it to brush up your skills.



Remember that even if you don't get into a show, it is good practice to audition. If you get in, then that's even better.



Good luck!
Find an improv troupe and start working out iwith them. Network with some of the folks there to find out what agencies may be looking to take on new clients.



Good luck.
I myself i live in San Francisco and i had just went to a Acting %26amp; Modeling school here. And now im joining a Local San Francisco production company in charge of making independent films.



Im doing this so i hope i get some attention and can put this on my resume as experience because experience and education is needed to get a part.



Your lucky you live in London there are many great acting and theatre school's you should enroll to whenever after highschool or whatever.



Enroll in a acting school and start from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security