Thursday, December 10, 2009

Can you think of actresses who started later in life?

And, you know - how old is too old to start a hobby in theatrical acting, do you think? Looking for a bit of encouragement...



I'm interested in having a go for the first time, at 32. I sang professionally for a while in my early twenties, and would like another chance to perform, in a different medium, before my days are done.



Theatre (as entertainment) is relatively new to me. What knowledge I have, I've picked up just seeing loads of plays over the past two years.



I would like some context though, on the craft, drama... Man, with an extra lifetime I'd do a(nother) degree in theatre studies, but it's just not in the cards at the moment.



Is community/fringe theatre a viable way of getting decent training/experience? Even though I can't do conservatory training at this point, I would like a reasonable calibre of instruction, if possible... Leads on places to start in London, UK, would be appreciated.



Can you think of actresses who started later in life?opera songs



You're never too old to give something a whirl. Can you become a professional actress at an older age? It's not unheard of, but it does get harder. There have never been loads of women's roles to begin with, and as you get older you end up competing with other older actresses with more credentials.



I live in the States and I can tell you that you will have a harder time getting good training in the UK if you are in your 30s. LAMDA and RADA have age limits. I know because I applied in my late twenties and missed the age deadline by 6 months. Here in the States schools tend to be more open to older, returning students, but we don't have acting training on a par with the UK. It's a toss up.



Can you think of actresses who started later in life?secure browser opera theater



I cannot think of her name but she is on desperate housewives. She began in her 60's after her husband died. You are never too old.



When you wish upon a star



Makes no difference who you are



Anything your heart desires



Will come to you



If your heart is in your dream



No request is too extreme



When you wish upon a star



As dreamers do



Fate is kind



She brings to those who love



The sweet fulfillment of



Their secret longing



Like a bolt out of the blue



Fate steps in and sees you through



When you wish upon a star



Your dreams come true
You shouldn't worry so much about your age in acting because you either got it or you don't. There's always the "It" factor that can cause rise to stardom for anyone. Not all great actresses started out inteens or early twenties. One example is Naomi Watts - she got her first bit parts in hollywood in 1993, when she was 25. It wasn't until 2001 she got her breakthrough role in Mulholland Drive. good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security