Thursday, December 10, 2009

Phantom Of the Opera?

Today I went to London to see Phantom Of the Opera in Her Majesty's Theatre, it was great. But do any of you know how i can get it on dvd (this stage show, not the movie) Would the theatre sell it on their website or could i buy it somewhere else? Please help! And did anyone see it today, what did you think of it?



Phantom Of the Opera?violin



It's not available on video. (Believe me, I've looked.)



I would think that considering that it was originally on stage in the 1980's, that Harold Prince or Andrew Lloyd Webber or someone would have filmed a performance for posterity, but there has been nothing released to the public. Maybe you could write to the theater, and inquire as to whether or not they know if it was ever filmed in performance. Maybe if they get enough requests, they'll see it as a money making opportunity and release a video of the stage show.



I was lucky enough to see the original cast on Broadway when it first came here. (Michael Crawford, Sarah Brightman, Steve Barton, etc.) It was wonderful. One of my favorite memories.



Phantom Of the Opera?chinese theater opera theater



The Phantom of the Opera is one of my favourite shows ever!



Sadly, I don't think they have ever recorded the show for DVD. =[ There's only the movie version, which isn't that good....



Someone should start a petition, lol.
http://www.amazon.com/Phantom-Opera-Orig...



I found it at Amazon.com but it's the original cast from 1986. Hope this will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security