Sunday, December 6, 2009

Are there actually any legitimate acting/modelling agencies? UK?

Hey everyone.



I was just wondering (nearly being scammed for the second time) if there are actually any legitimate acting or modelling agencies around that don't involve you living in London or any big cities. I would love to get into the acting business (not necessarily becoming famous) but dont know where to start. I'm part of a theatre group and I'm also an A* student in Drama for GCSE. I'm going to be doing the subject in College as well. But are there any agencies that I could register to without having to pay a fee. Thanks for any help.



Are there actually any legitimate acting/modelling agencies? UK?performing arts center



Generally agents are invited to drama school productions and graduation productions. They decide who they want to represent, not the other way around. You could get a copy of 'Contacts', which lists agents. I think that agents who are real, will take a percentage of what you earn. This is why they chose who to represent - they want someone who is likely to earn them money. If anyone wants money up-front, then why should they bother trying to find you work when they already have your cash. As for modelling agencies, I am not sure. I suspect that they operate in a similar way. Real ones will take a percentage of your wages.



You could try writing to agents in your local area and inviting them to productions you are in.



Even professional actors sometimes have trouble getting an agent. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security